Article provided by: Xtreme Marine London
Just like buying a vehicle, purchasing a boat is a major investment. That’s why it’s important to put a lot of thought into it to ensure that you get the right one for you. Xtreme Marine London is one of the best and most reputable 'marine shops near me in London.’ Boat lovers will be spoilt for choice with our fine collection of both new and used boats.
Should You Buy a Used or New Boat?
The debate about whether you should buy a new or used boat comes down to your budget and preference. Different factors, such as maintenance costs, may factor in. Your decision might also be influenced by the kind of features you’re looking for.
What to Look for When Purchasing a Used Boat
When buying a pre-owned boat, you should:
- Inspect for Damages – Used boats may come with several issues. These include cracking, flexing, and moisture and mold in wooden areas. By checking for such problems, you can tell whether the repair costs are worth buying the used boat.
- Mildew – Upholstery, boat tops, seats, and carpet that have mold indicate extensive damage. The presence of mold might be a sign of more advanced problems with the boat, which may need more than just an upholstery replacement.
- Fiberglass Cracks – Cracks in the fiberglass, especially those longer than 2 inches, should not be dismissed. This could mean that the boat might have been involved in a collision. And such big cracks usually require significant and costly repairs.
Ensuring that the after-sale expenditures of a second-hand boat do not cost you an unreasonable amount is essential in getting the best deal when it comes to used boats. By conducting a full inspection before closing the sale deal, you can avoid having to spend a lot of money on costly repairs of a pre-owned boat.
What are the Advantages of Buying a Used Boat?
Buying a second-hand boat comes with the following benefits:
- They cost less than brand new boats. Like cars, boats depreciate. This means that a used boat usually costs way less than a new one.
- They’re everywhere. There is always a supply of pre-owned boats on sale. That gives you, as a buyer, an opportunity to choose from the many options available. It also makes it easier to look for a boat with your desired features.
Advantages of Buying a New Boat
The following are some of the benefits of buying a brand-new boat:
- You find exactly what you want. With a new boat, you can get all the features you desire fitted. That isn’t the case with a used one where you have to make do with what the previous owner installed.
- A new boat comes with a warranty. In case anything goes awry, you will have a warranty from the manufacturer to back you up.
Get Your Dream Boat Today
At Xtreme Marine London, you can even save on brand new boats by purchasing one of our 2018 models. For used boats, we have various models and sizes at affordable prices. If you have been looking for reputable 'marine shops near me in London,' we are your go-to dealers. Talk to us today on 519-641-0505 for more information about our incredible boat offers.Marine Shops Near Me London
View Larger Map